Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Seen Around Town (or maybe Ode to Black and White...or something)....

As you can readily see from the title (such as it is), the photos that have been selected had far more thought than such mundane tasks as titling this post, further evidencing (which must be a word since spell check didn't flag it) my belief that I have a valid need for a headline writer. Who will work for nothing. 

Moving on. I have finally rescued my archived photo files from storage and, while perusing the offerings of my own personal Wayback Machine (thank you Mr. Peabody), I ran across the results of a shoot I did awhile back with my friend, Dave Miller, a fellow photo enthusiast. 


Dave, enthusiastically taking photos 
(I told you he is a fellow enthusiast)

And on to the photos. All of these posted are mine, although I hope to someday see the results of Dave's day around town. 

As mentioned in what passes for a post title, today we are doing Black and White, one of my favorite mediums. In Little Rock, in the area near the Clinton Presidential Library not far from the River Market, there exists an abundance of photo ops, some which are always there waiting and others which simply present themselves with no predictability. Below are some of both. 


Sculptures and statuary abound throughout the area with the works of many artists on display for everyone to enjoy. This is one of my favorites. 


There are bike paths, walkways, and pedestrian bridges aplenty to make sure no one has a good excuse for missing out. 


It's been a long time since I've slid down a grassy hill on a cardboard sled but it looks like as much fun as it ever was judging from the look of delight on this young lady's face. 


This gentleman chose more of a freestyle method over the traditional as a way of mixing it up and keeping things interesting.


There were a lot of folks out biking that day 
(and if memory serves, it was a great day for it)


Did I mention there were a lot of folks out biking?


Not everyone opted for bikes or cardboard as modes of transportation. Some went for old-fashioned shoe leather while others preferred to be carried. 


All under the watchful eye of Candid Camera. Somewhere, deep in the bowels of the National Security Agency, there exists a picture of me taking a picture of them taking a picture of me taking a picture of....




Just looking at all of these pics is making want to take the day off and get back out there. 
Soon, Dale, soon. 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment